Business Hazardous Waste Management Program
The City, in coordination with Veolia, has developed a Business Hazardous Waste Management Program. This program is designed to give area business and institutional facilities an economical option to dispose of small quantities of hazardous wastes while diverting these waste streams from the City’s landfill and sanitary sewer.
To be eligible for the program:
- Your facility must be classified as a Very Small Quantity Generator (VSQG) per the State and Federal Hazardous Waste Regulations (see “What is a VSQG?” under Resources for EPA’s definition).
- Your business must be located within Lake, Lincoln, McCook, Minnehaha, or Turner County.
How does it work?
- You must first confirm that your business is a VSQG by completing and returning the VSQG Verification Form. The form can be returned by fax, email, or mail.
- Veolia will contact you directly for additional information about your disposal request. All cost estimates for disposal services will be provided by Veolia prior to collection.
- If the quote is agreeable, Veolia will schedule a pickup at your location.
- Participants in the program are only invoiced for the disposal costs associated with the material, as the City will be providing the resources to cover mobilization, transportation, and any labor costs of our environmental contractor.
For additional information please contact the Environmental Division at (605) 367-8276. Participation is limited and will be honored on a first come, first served basis.