Sioux Falls Outdoor Pools 2023 Closure Schedule Announced
As the 2023 summer season wraps up, Sioux Falls Parks and Recreation will stagger the closings and adjust the hours of its outdoor aquatic facilities.
The official closing schedule for outdoor pools in Sioux Falls is as follows:
- Closing Sunday, August 13: Frank Olson Pool, McKennan Wading Pool, Terrace Park Family Aquatic Center
- Closing Sunday, August 20: Kuehn Pool
- Closing Sunday, August 27: Laurel Oak Family Aquatic Center
- Closing Sunday, September 3: Drake Springs Family Aquatic Center, Pioneer Spray Park, and Hayward Splash Pad
Starting August 14 until close date, the following aquatic facilities will limit hours to 1–8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday:
- Kuehn Pool
- Laurel Oak Family Aquatic Center
- Drake Springs Family Aquatic Center
Other scheduled pool adjustments to note:
- Friday, August 18, is the last day of lap swimming and water walking at Drake Springs Family Aquatic Center.
- The 50 Meter Pool at the Midco® Aquatic Center is currently under annual maintenance and unavailable through Saturday, August 19. The Recreational Pool, Warm Water Pool, and Outdoor Splash Pad remain open during regular hours.
“We are proud to invest in our people to continue providing these quality-of-life investments to our community each year. Cashiers, lifeguards, and pool managers learn important professional skills while having fun and serving the community,” said Jean Pearson, Aquatic Recreation Program Coordinator. “Our department is happy to be a part of building up the region’s workforce.”
To close the season, two locations will host the annual Swimming Gone to the Dogs event this year. Dog owners are welcome to bring one or two dogs to swim. No registration is required. Dogs must follow off-leash rules and have updated shots.
- Tuesday, August 15, 5:30 to 7 p.m., at Terrace Park Family Aquatic Center
- Wednesday, August 30, 5:30 to 7 p.m., at Laurel Oak Family Aquatic Center
“This pool season has already been a success. We hope everyone had as much fun as we did.” Jackie Nelson, Recreation Manager, said. “If you know a lifeguard, thank them today.”
For additional information regarding the City of Sioux Falls Parks and Recreation Department, please visit www.siouxfalls.org/parks or call 605-367-8222.