Teen Art Contest 2019
Siouxland Libraries invites teens to submit original artwork for its 2019 Teen Art Contest. Teens may submit artwork in any medium on any subject. Please keep in mind content must be rated “G” in order to be accepted. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
To enter: Email a photo or digital copy of the artwork (JPEG, PNG, or PDF) by Friday, May 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must include the following information: name of contestant, grade, age, school, phone, email and parent/guardian name. Please also include information about your artwork: title of artwork, description and materials used to create the artwork (watercolor, acrylic, pencil etc.). Additionally, let us know if you plan to display your artwork at the Teen Art Show on Thursday, June 6 and/or in the Art Display at the Downtown Library after the art show through June 30.
By submitting your artwork you agree to the following:
- Submission of artwork grants Siouxland Libraries the right to publish images of it on its website and social media pages.
- Submission photos will not be returned to the author after the contest.
- Submissions must be original artwork, and any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Siouxland Libraries cannot assume responsibility beyond the normal precautions for artwork displayed in the Downtown Library Teen Art Exhibit. Art is left at the library at your own risk.
- Artwork must be picked up by July 31, 2019 or it will be disposed of unless other arrangements are made.
Art Show and Exhibit: All who submit artwork are invited to showcase their work at the Teen Art Show on Thursday, June 6 from 6:30-7:00 p.m. at the Downtown Library. Artwork may also be left at the Downtown Library to be displayed in the Teen Art Exhibit June 7 through June 30.
Artists are responsible for bringing their own display materials (such as easels, frames, pedestals, etc.) to display at the Art Show.
If you are unable to attend the Art Show and would like to display your artwork either at the show or in the Art Exhibit please bring your art to any branch on or before Tuesday, June 4.
Awards: Winners will be announced at the Teen Art Show on June 6th at the Downtown Branch Library. First-, second- and third-place winners will be selected from three age groups: 6th-7th grade, 8th- 9th grade, and 10th-12th grade. Winners will be determined by a panel of local artists. Artists do not have to be present at the show to win.
$50.00 Best of Show Award, sponsored by Post Pilgrim Gallery.
First-place winners will each receive a $50 gift certificate from Hobby Lobby. Second- and third-place winners will each receive $25 gift certificates from Hobby Lobby.
Artists who attend the show will have their name entered into a drawing for door prizes, including two tickets to Wild Water West.
Participants are not eligible to win more than one prize.