Flood Management Updates and Tips
Sandbag drop-off/collection information
People with sandbags filled in preparation for spring flooding have several options on how to manage them.
- People living in flood-prone areas may want to store their sandbags for future use.
- Sandbags can also be opened and the sand used on the owner’s property. Empty sandbags can be placed in the garbage.
- The City has also opened three sandbag collection locations for disposal of sandbags.
Sandbag Drop-off Sites
- Riverdale Park parking lot—2000 East 24th Street View Map
- Tomar Park parking lot—100 West Twin Oaks Road View Map
- Sherman Park parking lot—2705 West 12th Street View Map
Hours of operation
- Daily: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 30 - Saturday, April 20.
Please drop off only during these hours of operation.
While the parks used for these drop-off locations remain closed to the public, the parking lots are open for use as sandbag collection locations.
11 miles of the Bike Trail System – from 49th Street north to Falls Park Drive is open. View Bike Trail Map
Please still be mindful of your recreational activities in these areas.
With the exception of Falls Park, the rest of the parks on our closed list remain closed due to flood waters.
While the parks used for these drop-off locations remain closed to the public, the parking lots are open for use as sandbag collections locations only.
A number of parks, especially along the river greenway remain closed. You are subject to citation if you are found in any closed park listed below.