Join Us for a City Hall Renovation Ribbon Cutting, Grand Reopening, and Art Exhibition on First Friday!
Join Mayor Mike Huether on First Friday, October 6, 2017, for a City Hall renovation ribbon cutting, grand reopening, open house, and City employee art exhibition!
“City Hall has served our citizens in such a grand fashion since 1936, and after seven years of investments, it is time to show it off. Our refurbished City Hall will serve us proudly for generations to come. Please join us!” says Mayor Mike Huether.
The day’s events on Friday, October 6, will include:
• 4:30 p.m.—Official ribbon cutting and grand reopening for the $6.2 million in renovations accomplished at City Hall since 2010. Renovations have included a new HVAC system, tuck-pointing, the substantial remodeling of second and ground floors, and more.
• 5 to 9 p.m.—City employee art exhibition and City Hall open house with refreshments and lots of fun! Come see the Mayor’s Office and chat with Mayor Mike, too.
The artwork of six City of Sioux Falls employees has been selected to be on exhibit as part of the evening’s events. The City employees are:
• Ryan Bechtold—Fleet
• Sergeant James Buteyn—Police
• Galynn Huber—Public Works Street Division
• Calla Jarvie—Siouxland Libraries
• Cody Papke—Finance
• Sergeant Adam Petersen—Police
Art submissions were reviewed by a five-member, third-party jury panel and critiqued on artistic merit; creativity; appropriateness for the event, space, and location; and the artist’s ability to meet the time line. Art was submitted from members of the Police force to Library staff to members of the Fleet crew. This exhibition gives City employees an opportunity to be seen as artists in their own right, regardless of their day-to-day role making Sioux Falls a great place to live and work.
This event is a partnership with the Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Sioux Falls.