Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. Selected to Provide Independent Review of PREMIER Center Metal Siding
The City of Sioux Falls intends to award the proposal for building enclosure consulting services to Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc., a Chicago-based company with extensive knowledge and experience in building enclosure systems.
In October, the City of Sioux Falls issued a request for proposals for an independent review of the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center’s IMETCO CF-12 exterior metal wall panel system for functionality and structural soundness. In addition to a review of the exterior metal wall panel system, the consultant will also review the air and moisture barrier system behind the metal wall panel system.
“We received four very good proposals to perform this work. The selected team of Simpson Gumpertz & Heger excelled in their expertise, experience, and approach,” says Mark Cotter, Director of Public Works.
The four firms that submitted proposals were:
- Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. of Chicago, Illinois
- Raths, Raths, and Johnson Inc. of Willowbrook, Illinois
- Pie Consulting & Engineering of Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Walker Consultants of Chicago, Illinois
The five-person proposal evaluation committee consisted of:
- Michelle Erpenbach, City Council Member, Central District
- Greg Neitzert, City Council Member, Northwest District
- Jeff Kreiter, Sioux Falls citizen
- Shannon VerHey, Assistant City Engineer, City of Sioux Falls
- Mark Cotter, Director of Public Works, City of Sioux Falls
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. ultimately had the highest scored proposal to perform this independent review. The areas evaluated and possible scores were as follows:
|Understanding, capability, and expertise||40|
|Experience of the firm’s proposed project team||30|
|Reference and sample work evaluation||15|
|Cost of project||15|
The contract will be on the City Council consent agenda for their approval on Tuesday, November 21, 2017. The intent is to have the study complete by December 31. A report will be presented to the public in 2018.